Mandatory Uniform Policy 2016-2017
Mandatory Uniform Policy
Diplomat Elementary is a Uniform school with specific standards and rules regarding student attire. Please review the following rules regarding School Uniforms.
- Solid colored shirts are worn with khaki or navy blue shorts, pants or skirts
- Pants/Shorts must be worn at the waist. All shirts must be tucked in.
- Shoes must have a closed toe and a back. Sneakers are recommended. Students have PE and recess and their footwear should be something they can safely run and play in. No boots are allowed.
- Diplomat School T-shirts may be worn on Fridays with a proper uniform main piece.
- Solid colored leggings are permitted but only under uniform skirts and jumpers. Socks are solid colored and worn knee high or shorter.
- Outer jackets for cool days do not need to be uniform, however, sweaters or sweatshirts worn in the classroom, must be a solid uniform color with no printing or design except our school logo.
- All uniform schools will allow white polo shirts with navy blue or khaki shorts or pants. You may want to be sure you have those items in case you move schools within the school year.
- Make up is not allowed, fingernails may be painted, but no fake nails.
Please use the guide below to assist you as you purchase student clothing
Main Uniform Piece
- Jeans (except for Special Dress Days), skin tight pants or Cargo pants.
- Patterns, stripes, or prints on anything. All pieces should be solid-colored.
- T-shirts -- all shirts must have a collar. (Exception: The current year’s Friday school t-shirts)
- NO LOGOS or brand-name symbols may be visible on any clothing.
- No unnatural hair color, hair extensions, wigs, hair pieces, extensions, clip-ins or hair add-ons.
- Tattoos – whether temporary or permanent
- No DANGLING earrings or excessive jewelry (amount or size) and no gauging.
- No hats or scarves or sunglasses or gloves, except for outside use only.
- No boots of any kind, no matter what the weather.
- No make-up or fake fingernails.
Any article of clothing, jewelry or accessory, which in the judgment of School administration is a distraction or hindrance to classroom learning and/or activities or poses a safety hazard, can be forbidden at the discretion of Administration without prior warning.
When a student is out of uniform the parents will be notified and asked to bring uniform attire to the office.