Due to recent school closures as a result of local flooding in August, and Hurricane Irma, it has become necessary to make adjustments to the instructional calendar.
In order to best balance our students instructional needs with the disruption that came from these natural disasters, we propose returning 6 days to the 2017-18 calendar. Below is the list of changes we have agreed upon.
These changes are subject to Board approval at the October 3, 2017 Regular Board Meeting.
1st Quarter Changes:
- October 16 - Professional Duty Day becomes a regular school day
2nd Quarter Changes:
- December 19-21 – Early Dismissal Days become regular school days
- December 22 – Professional Duty Day becomes an Early Dismissal Day
3rd Quarter Changes:
- January 8 – Hurricane Makeup Day becomes a regular school day
- March 16 - Professional Duty Day becomes a regular school day
4th Quarter Changes:
- April 2 – Easter Monday becomes a regular school day