Car Drop Off/Pick Up Rules
Morning Drop Off Procedures 8:30 a.m. - 8:55 a.m.
Afternoon Pick Up Procedures 3:10 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
We are very concerned about the safety of the traffic on and around our school at dismissal time. With the Fire House and Day Care both operational, it is important that we keep lanes clear for traffic, while obeying all traffic laws.
- Please do not arrive earlier than necessary. The first cars should start lining up only a few minutes before dismissal.
- Please have the name placard of your student visible from your windshield. This helps to move the cars quickly around the loop.
- Please be patient and wait in line. What an awesome opportunity for great reading.
- Please do not park your car and get out -- with or without the engine running. All parents should remain in their cars.
- Children should be picked up at the designated area only. Please do not instruct your child to walk to another spot to be picked up.
A video of the Parent Pickup Procedures can be found at:
Car Rider Drop Off Rules (A.M.)
There is only one line for Student Drop Off for car riders in the morning before school. Drivers should pull into the first driveway near the intersection of NE 12th Place.
Pull around in two lines, merging as you approach the front of the school drivers should pull up as far as possible rather than stopping in the front of the doors, or near the end of the line. Adult and student helpers will be at the curb opening doors and assisting students to classrooms. Adults should not get out of their vehicles.
If a parent or caregiver needs to come into the office, or chooses to escort their student to class (the first 3 days) or to the gates, they must use the parking lot between the middle and elementary schools. Adults may park in the lot and then walk up to the office or front of the school. Please do not park in the drop off area and cut across traffic alone or with your children.
If everyone follows procedures the line will move quickly and we will create a safer situation for children and drivers.
Car Rider Pick Up Rules (P.M.)
There are two lines for parent, K-1 at Staff Parking area and 2-5 Main Campus Entry.
There first cars should start lining up only a few minutes before dismissal.
All traffic needs to stay on the right (legal) side of the street.
Please do not pull out of line to pass cars in front of you, thereby pulling in the lane of oncoming traffic.
Please be patient and wait in line.
Please do not park your car and get out -- with or without the engine running.
All parents should remain in their cars at all times.
Children should be picked up at the designated area only.
Please do not instruct your child to walk to another spot to be picked up.